We provide divorce advice for men and divorce advice for women. We are family lawyers who attend the family court and have acted in hundreds of divorce, legal separation, separation agreement cases. We explain how to get divorced and how a divorce lawyer or family lawyer can help.
We answer questions like:
- how long do I need to be living apart from my spouse in order to get divorced ?
- 4 out of the last 5 years
- do I need to have a legal separation before I can get a divorce ?
- what am I entitled to in a divorce ?
- every case is different and your entitlements will depend on what a Court would consider proper
- My wife says the marriage is over and wants to separate but I would like to save the marriage.
- Usually if one person in a marriage decides it is over then it is over. Things to think about are whether you both could go to relationship counselling together or separately or whether it is possible to discuss the problems. There is no point in rushing into a separation until you are sure that the marriage is definitely finished. Marriage breakdown is hugely stressful and it is a good idea to have someone to talk to during this time whether it is a counsellor or friend or relative.
I feel that I behaved badly during the marriage and now I feel guilty and don’t want to look for anything from my husband in the separation or divorce
Nobody involved in separation or divorce, whether the family lawyers or the Judges is interested in punishing people for past misbehaviour. Misbehaviour is only an issue where it is gross misbehaviour which goes beyond arguing, beyond being out late, beyond being a workaholic, even beyond adultery. A normal reaction to the whole separation or divorce is to wish to end the process quickly by giving in to the demands of your spouse to give yourself a quiet life. This is a disasterous approach to take in the long term as you will find yourself not properly looked after. Separation or divorce should be about finding a reasonable solution to the problem, not about one side bullying the other or about one spouse giving in to all the demands of the other.
Do I need a specialist divorce solicitor or family law solicitor
For a divorce in Ireland or legal separation you will need a lawyer who is fully informed and experienced as a divorce lawyer or family lawyer. This does not mean they will only do family law or divorce or separation work but you must have trust and confidence in your lawyer for the divorce or legal separation.
How much will a legal separation or divorce cost?
Every case is different and it will depend on a number of factors:
- the complexity of the matter;
- the urgency of the matter;
- the difficulty or the novelty of the questions raised;
- the skill, labour, specialised knowledge and responsibility involved;
- the number and importance of the documents prepared or examined;
- the amount or value of any transaction involved;
- the importance of the matter to you;
- the time reasonably spent by personnel in the solicitor’s firm on the matter; the place, or places, and the circumstances in which the matter is pursued.
At our first consultation for a divorce or legal separation or separation agreement we sit down with you and give you an initial estimate, based on what we expect to happen in your divorce or separation.
Communicating with you quickly and effectively is very important to us. If you contact us by telephone or by email you will get a speedy response from us and we keep all our clients up to date on their cases. We act for clients from all over Dublin, including local clients from Crumlin, Kimmage, Walkinstown, Terenure, Templeogue, Knocklyon, Firhouse, Tallaght, Terenure, Rathgar, Rathfarnham, Dundrum, south Dublin and north Dublin.
Contact email@example.com to receive our free brochure on divorce, separation, legal separations, separation agreements, child law, family court prepared by family lawyer and divorce lawyer Keith Walsh. This brochure provides legal separation and general divorce advice for men and general legal separation and divorce advice for women. The usual health warning applies that you should always consult a family law or divorce lawyer in relation to your personal case as all cases are different and need specific advice and expertise.
01 455 4723